Mary Farr, a retired health care executive and pediatric hospital chaplain, has devoted thirty years to exploring the worlds of hope, healing and humor. Today, she has merged these life essentials into her newest book, The Promise in Plan B, What we bring to the next chapter in our lives. Mary’s capacity to infuse audiences with joy and confidence inspires compassion and a rich understanding of happiness.
Mary has been featured in numerous publications and blogs such as: the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Minnetonka Magazine, ZestNow.com, TheDailyBasics.com, Humoroutcasts.com, and The Erma Bombeck Writers Workshop (Humorwriters.org). She has presented at women’s leadership groups, Befriender Ministry forums, Parish Nurse Association Minnesota, the Hazelden Foundation, Augsburg College Integrative Medicine Conference; United Hospital Grand Rounds, and numerous grief and loss seminars.
A graduate of the University of Wisconsin with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in English, Mary completed her divinity studies in the Episcopal Diocese of Eau Claire where she was ordained to the permanent diaconate in 1983. She received a Master of Arts degree in Theology from St. Catherine University in her hometown of Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Poynter Institute of Journalism; Uniprise Leadership Academy (United Health Group); long term United Hospital and Children’s Hospital medical ethics committee member; Harvard School of Mind Body Medicine; Harvard School of Spirituality and Healing; Hospital-based Critical Incident Stress Management team member; Cultural Competency in the Health Care Setting.
- The Promise in Plan B, What we bring to the next chapter in our lives, HOPress-ShorehouseBooks.com. 2015
- Never Say Neigh, Two Harbor Press, Minneapolis, Minn., 2013, award winner in the 2013 Paris Book Festival and Great Midwest Book Festival
- If I could Mend Your Heart, INK Books, The Book Peddlers, Minnetonka, Minn., 2002
- Blessings for Home and Hearth, INK Books, The Book Peddlers, Minnetonka, Minn., 2002
- The Heart of Health, John Wiley and Sons, NY, 2000
- Helping Children Heal, (Integrative Medicine Training Program) Children’s Hospital and Clinics, Minnesota, 2008
- When Medicine and Culture Collide, (Physician Training Program) Midwest Medical Insurance Company, 2010
Noah Vail and Mary on Twitter
Noah Vail on Facebook